Guest blog by Laura Kaye, author of South of Surrender
I’m so pleased to be back at Love Romance Passion to celebrate the release of South of Surrender, the third book in my Greek-mythology-inspired Hearts of the Anemoi series. This book features Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer Chrysander Notos, who literally falls into the life of human mortal Laney Summerlyn. The book takes place in September about three weeks before the official end of summer, and Chrys comes into the full power of his godhood on the first day of summer, June 21. So with all this talk of summer going around, I thought I’d share my top 10 favorite things about our hottest season:
- Flowers – I love seeing flowers and gardens in the lush height of summer, with all their full blooms and bright colors. When I had more time, I was a big gardener, and this was about the time that those spring plantings were starting to pay off
- Lightning bugs – Seeing the blink of lightning bugs in the evening is an iconic image of summer, to me. Catching them, too. And seeing my girls enjoy the fun of catching lightning bugs is a special joy
- No school – This is usually what the kids say! But as someone who has worked as a college teacher for the past 14 years, ‘school’s out for the summer’ was always one of my most favorite things to hear
- Vacation – Because I taught college, my family always dedicated its vacations to summer. And vacations rock. ‘Nuff said!
- Carnivals – Another thing I’ve always associated with summer were community carnivals, with their games and rides and cotton candy. And having kids now makes them fun in a whole new way
- No coats – I love shedding the layers of winter!
- Fresh fruits and vegetables – I’m not sure anything smells better than a fresh tomato on the vine! I love the abundant fruit and vegetables available in the summer
- Being outdoors – It’s so nice to come out of hibernation and enjoy parks, playgrounds, and other outdoor activities in the summer
- Getting a tan – I’m not as keen on sunbathing as I was as a younger person, but I do love a nap in the sun, the warm feel of the sun on my skin, and getting a touch of lively color
- Beach – I have always felt most alive by the water, and the ocean most of all. Summer is beach season, and I absolutely love spending time at the beach when the weather is so nice
GIVEAWAY: What’s your favorite thing about summer? One commenter who leaves their email address will win a full set of signed Anemoi series swag, including all six romance trading cards from the series, a bookmark, a magnet, and a temporary tattoo! Open to international! Good luck! Ends June 22.
Also enter the Rafflecopter for a chance at the overall tour prizes to be picked on June 22!
Visit all the stops on the South of Surrender Blog Tour for more ways to win!
“A fast-paced thrill ride.” ~New York Journal of Books
“Sexy, emotional stories, powerful, evocative writing, a vivid and unique vision, and enough magic and mysticism to keep the most demanding reader satisfied, Laura Kaye delivers it all. I love this series!” ~Maggie Shayne, NYT Bestselling Author
About South of Surrender:
She’s the only one who can see through his golden boy façade to the broken god within…
Chrysander Notos, Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer, is on a mission: save Eurus from his death sentence and prove his troubled brother can be redeemed. But Eurus fights back, triggering vicious storms that threaten the mortal realm and dangerously drain Chrys.
Laney Summerlyn refuses to give up her grandfather’s horse farm, despite her deteriorating vision. More than ever, she needs the organized routine of her life at Summerlyn Stables, until a ferocious storm brings an impossible—and beautiful—creature crashing down from the heavens.
Injured while fighting Eurus, Chrys finds himself at the mercy of a mortal woman whose compassion and acceptance he can’t resist. As they surrender to the passion flaring between them, immortal enemies close in, forcing Chrys to choose between his brother and the only woman who’s ever loved the real him.
About Laura Kaye:
Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of a dozen books in contemporary and paranormal romance. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.